I repeatedly show to this blog’s readers that there are marvellous wine websites elsewhere. Here is a sample of recent articles I wish I would have written.
- Brooklynguy reports from Domaine Pierre Morey, Meursault, France.
- David McDuff has tasting notes of wine hits, misses and outtakes.
- Horse ploughing imparts structure and life to the vineyard soil (via Bill Nanson).
- Noël Wallace lists five treats to enjoy with bubbly.
- Carbon sequestration in vineyard soils.
Bertrand Celce gives wine news.
- Genevelyn Steele suggests hangover helpers.
- Electric fields force wines to age faster.
- John Gilman on what’s wrong with Rieslings from Austria or Australia, screwcaps, California Cabernets, roto-fermenters, small oak barrels, wines over 14% alcohol, and selected yeasts.
Next week I’ll post the quarterly contest of the best wine websites. Cellarer Planet shows the latest posts of selected food bloggers — with hourly updates.