Dolcetto by Pecchenino

The Pecchenino brothers tend vines in the Piedmont region of Italy.

Attilio and Orlando Pecchenino are the heirs of a farm with a long history, starting in the eighteenth century. It has always been family managed and through the years, has been handed down from father to son. The winery was handed down in 1987 to Orlando and Attilio. The land has now reached a total area of about 25 hectares, of which 23,5 are in the community of Dogliani and 1,5 in the community of Monforte d’Alba.

The Pecchenino brothers farm without insecticides. The wines that you must try are made from nebbiolo, dolcetto and barbera.

The vine Dolcetto is typical of the area of Dogliani and the first evidence of this dates
back to 1432 in a manuscript found in the communal archives. The Pecchenino vineyards consist of 70% dolcetto vines and the remaining 30% divided into barbera, nebbiolo, chardonnay, sauvignon blanc.
Today the production is: Dolcetto of Dogliani doc San Luigi, two Dogliani docg Siri d’Jermu and Bricco Botti, Langhe Bianco doc Vigna Maestro, Langhe Nebbiolo doc Vigna Botti, Barbera d’Alba doc Quass and, from the harvest of 2004, the Barolo docg Le Coste originating from a vineyard in
the community of Monforte d’Alba.

Winery:
Azienda Agricola Pecchenino
Borg. Valdiberti, 59 – 12063 Dogliani (Cuneo)
Phone: +39 017370686
e-mail: pecchenino@pecchenino.it

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.