Grande River, Colorado

Grande River Vineyards are located in Colorado.

Grande River Vineyards started planting grapes in 1987, started producing wine in 1990. Founder Stephen Smith has about 60 acres, 8 different varieties, naming us the largest grape crop in the state.

The grapes are machine harvested from August through October each year. Grande River Vineyards produces 7,000-8,000 cases a year utilizing about 40% of their crop, the other 60% they sell to other wineries in Colorado and to 8 other states.
Every aspect of winemaking takes place on premise, thus “Estate Grown and Bottled” on the label.

Grande River Vineyards grow Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Viognier, Semillon, Syrah, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc. The most recent planting is Petite Verdot.

Wines: Merlot, Chardonnay, Meritage Red & White, Syrah, Voignier…

Contact
Contact Name: Cara. Phone Number: 970-464-5867

787 37.3 road (Elberta Avenue), Palisade, CO 81526 – (970) 464-5867, 1-800-CO-GROWN (I-70 at exit 42, turn north 1 mile)

Tasting Room Hours: Summer, 9-7 daily; Spring/Fall, 10-6; Winter 10-5

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments are closed.